Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in the Groove

     I finally feel like I am back in the scrapbooking groove!  The last few weeks I have felt that I was struggling to find the time to scrapbook.  Although I don't scrap chronologically, I always felt that there was new product to try and new photos to scrap and just was feeling...behind.  However, when it comes down to it, I scrapbook to preserve, create and inspire.  That is what I want to remember.  With that in mind, here are two projects that I completed recently.
     The first project is a layout that I made for a fun little scrapbook group that I belong to.  The challenge was to create a layout using no patterned paper.
     This layout was inspired in several ways.  I've seen the monochromatic look on several layouts recently and wanted to give it a try.  I am sure that the layout itself is something I tucked away from somewhere.  Sometimes I think we are inspired by something and then it is recalled in the sub-conscience when creating.  The tag above the journaling is actually from a Converse item that we purchased and it really inspired the look of the layout.  Sometimes I think that creating an "older boy" layout is difficult so when this one came together as it did, I was quite pleased with the results!  
     My second layout uses a collection that I fell in love with...October Afternoon Rocket Age!  I was not sure which photos to use with it until I took these of my youngest.
The layout itself was inspired by a Pink Paislee layout that I saw recently. I love my little toothless boy (who just lost another tooth tonight!) and I couldn't wait to scrap his pics!  It was funny how this one came together since I literally had the title, the layout and the whole "look" of it, ready in my head for over a week!  Sometimes I just need to sit on an idea before it comes to be!  
     Thank you for taking a look at my layouts today!  I have another just about done so I hope to have that up soon too! 
Scrap Happy~Melissa
  

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love reading about your process as you put this page together. Still one of my favorites from our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Melissa. I love how kraft on kraft looks in the first LO. And I am just in love with how you used the October Afternoon Rocket Age in the second LO. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how stylish your classic design ! thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete