Happy Memorial Day weekend to my US friends! Something a little fun and different on the blog today! I've been nominated by Elizabeth Gardner from My Scrappy Life for this little blogging award. Thank you so much for thinking of me Elizabeth! Since I regularly
stalk visit her blog, it was a fun surprise!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less that 200 followers. Is is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. The meaning of Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
It's easy! Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and answer the 10 questions he/she asks of you.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link to them in my post.
- Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
- Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated.
(These are the requirements for the peoples whom I nominate as well) So, seriously, how fun is this?
Here are the questions that I got from Elizabeth along with my answers.
-What's your favorite dance move? Anything that involves the assistance of my husband! I have no rhythm to speak of but, if he is leading, we can get a good swing going! Thankfully, my children have inherited his skills!
-Describe your ideal day. Waking up to a clean house after a solid eight hours (or more!) of sleep. A run, a shower and flavored coffee. A bit of scrapbooking, reading a good book on my back deck, hanging out with my family playing games and such, a relaxing massage, coloring in coloring books and then a fun event with our neighborhood friends in the evening sounds perfect!
-State one thing you love about yourself. Through the years I've come to realize the value of kindness. I try to follow this motto:
And, my effort toward that is something that I've come to love about myself!
-How many photos are saved on your computer? (Be honest) ;) Though I really hope I am looking in the wrong spot on iPhoto, I have 18,228! Good thing I just gave my hubby external portable storage for an early Father's Day gift! Yikes!
-What are you wearing… right now. Jeans, pink sparkle slippers (it's still chilly today), 3/4 sleeved Gap striped shirt (99% of my shirts are striped so this is not a surprise!) and earrings. Always earrings.
-What's your tv guilty pleasure? That show that you don't want to admit that you watch. I have been known to watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette a few seasons back. I'm not a big TV watcher so I pick and choose pretty carefully!
-If you could have any job what would it be? I have always wanted to be a mom, but for a job that earns money would definitely involve something creative. I love to write and I love to create, so something that combines those two would be perfect!
-What is one thing you'd change about yourself and why don't you change it? I'd change the fact that I take things too personally. Why don't I change it? Hmm, I guess I try but that is a hard one to change! I'm a work in progress!
-What was the last nice thing you did for yourself? I ordered a Starbucks Venti when I finished my masters thesis!
-Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us. About three/four years ago I decided to try losing some weight and I lost about 55 lbs. I still work every day on keeping it off and I don't talk about it much, but I am pretty proud of that accomplishment!
So, thank you Elizabeth for the questions! That was really fun to do!
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award. These are blogs that I visit pretty regularly and/or who I subscribe to in my reader feed. I admire their work often! (And, if you have more than 200 followers already, please forgive me, it is hard to tell sometimes with all of the different ways to follow!)
I hope that you ladies are able to participate! Thanks for being such a great source of inspiration for this blogger! Here are your questions...
1) If you could create your own personal Woodstock/Lollapalooza, which three groups/individuals (dead or alive) would you choose to perform?
2) Best scent in the entire world is...
3) What is your favorite font?
4) Best dream you've ever had?
5) Who is the most influential person you've ever met and why?
6) You get to eat one food, one sweet and one drink for the rest of your life. What three items do you choose?
7) Why is your blog named what it is?
8) If you could spend your favorite holiday celebrating, in any location, with your immediate family, which holiday do you choose and in what location are you celebrating?
9) What is the best compliment you've ever received?
10) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Do you think you'll ever try?