Thursday, November 10, 2011

Note to Self

     I always seem to have the need to make a note to myself to remind me of various things.  Especially lately, such as this week when I completely spaced on helping in my youngest's classroom...but we won't talk about that right now : /.  When my friend Kristy, over at Scrapbook Steals, asked me if I'd like to create a memo board for the steal being sold today, my first thought was, "I need a memo board!"
     Since (someday) I plan to have a pink, black and white scrap room, I thought I'd use Echo Parks "Be Mine" collection that I picked up for my dream craft room projects.  I had received some fun Teresa Collins Blingage when I went to Salt Lake City for the Scrapbook Steals Crop in October, (SO FUN...I think I'll do a blog post about that later : ) and that added the extra little somethin' that my memo board needed.
Ideally, I'd hang this on a white or bright pink wall but since my perfect scrap room only exists in my mind, my poorly lit bedroom wall will have to do.  The black portion is magnetic and all I did was attach a big, flowered brad (minus the hooks) to the magnet provided.  The beauty of the board (made by Boulder Innovations) is that it can be a hanging board or a free standing board.  My only suggestion is that you check to be sure that you have the board oriented the correct way before adhering your paper.  Thankfully, I wanted mine to hang on the wall but had I wanted it free standing, I would have been out of luck!  Oh, and as for my memo...a girl can wish can't she?  I miss my friend!  However, flying to Utah for a shopping trip isn't in the plans right now, lol!  
     If you have a chance to pick up the steal today on Scrapbook Steals, I don't think you will be disappointed.  So much fun!  Now, off to dream about my scrap room some more!  Thanks for stopping by!
Scrap Happy~Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely, positively, GORGEOUS! Thanks again for helping my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular! I was just at Hobby Lobby yesterday and there is so much in the black and pink scheme for homes there! This reminds me of all that fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project Melissa!! love the pink and black together, they would look amazing in a scrap room too. the bling adds enough extra something somethin', amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like one in blue, brown & white for my scraproom! This is awesome Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to self!!! This looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete