Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fun to Play at CHA!

     Some people want to meet their favorite sports hero. Some people want to shake a presidents hand. Not me. I have simple dreams. I just wanted to meet some of the scrapbook folks that I admire and follow in cyberspace. CHA proved to fulfill that desire plus some!
     It started with Kristy from Scrapbooksteals asking me if I wanted to help her teach a We R Memory Keepers class using the awesome new mini lucky 8 punches (as well as many more fun tools). I said yes, of course, and I was on my way. Some serious fun was to be had.
     Below are just a few of the photos that I took of some of my favorite scrapbook "celebrities" and myself. Everyone was so gracious and kind when asked to pose with me. Thankfully nobody thought I was a lunatic (or at least they were too polite to say so!)
Amy Tan & Shimelle Laine took time for a photo at the American Crafts booth!

A little story about Julie Comstock from Cosmo Cricket...I have been a long time follower of her blog and find her absolutely hysterical. I seriously laugh aloud every time I read her blog. I really, really, wanted to meet her but was really shy about doing so. (She is a scrappy celebrity in my world). So, with a little push from my friend Brittany (the awesome buyer for Scrapbooksteals.com) I introduced myself. I must say she is as sweet and wonderful as I hoped she'd be! Very willing to pose with me for photos (yes, I took several). It made my day! 

The amazingly crafty Erin Madsen from DCWV! 

Two of my favorite people in the crafty world..well, really...any world, Kristy Lee from Scrapbooksteals.com and Melodee from Authentique! I love these ladies! 

Lindsay Moore from Carta Bella (formerly from Cosmo Cricket). When he was at CC he got my laughing almost as much as Julie so meeting him was just as much of a pleasure. What a great guy! He kept telling me to stop apologizing for feeling like a poser since I wasn't a buyer but was at the trade show. To which I responded, "I'm sorry." Ha! Perhaps a little star struck! I have to say, those Carta Bella lines are divine! Love their Alphabet Junction collection! 

Having just received my very first Lawn Fawn stamps and falling in love with every one of them, I was thrilled to have the chance to meet the sweet Kelly Marie Alvarez! I also had my photo taken with the ever talented Britta Swiderski but can't seem to upload it. Take my word for it, she is adorable! Their booth was so cute, decorated with stamps in life size! 

     I have another complete set of photos with all of my sight seeing excursions as well! I don't think I will blog them but I am certain they will be showing up in my scrapbook pages soon! Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you were able to feel some of the excitement that I felt while at CHA! 

Scrap Happy~Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment