Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A "Gathering" of Cards

     I am completely in love with Authentique scrapbook paper. Not only are the patterns and colors incredible, the quality of the paper is divine. I seriously love using the paper because it is truly a sensory experience with the texture, the colors, the scent...okay, I will stop now, but I am serious!
     I had a few cards to make recently and I used Authentique's Gathering for all of them. I made a total of five but I only took photos of three.  I wish I would have thought to take some of the others before they got tucked into their envelopes! The best part was, that even with making five cards, along with a mini-album, I still have a ton of papers left along with embellishments! This may be one of my favorite collections ever. These are three of the cards that I made.  They all followed the same basic layout.
 First is a card that I made for a friend who found out she is expecting recently. I love the little words that come with Authentique collections. It was fun to put together a phrase that I thought suited the card!
Next is a card that I made for my aunt who just announced her retirement at the end of the year. She retired after 33 years of service! I thought that this phrase was perfect for retirement. 

Lastly, I made this card for my dear friend! I love it when I can find a phrase to say exactly how I feel so this was a perfect summary of what I wanted to say. 
     Thank you for stopping by today. I have a few more holiday projects that I made that I will be posting soon too so be sure to stop by again! 
Scrap Happy~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous, Melissa. I also have a crush on Authentique!!! And Gathering is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what else they come up with!

    ReplyDelete