Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy

Although I am fairly new to the discovery of Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock, I had so much fun discovering ways to use it in my layouts and cards.  I am a fan for life after my little design frenzy!  It is so much fun to get creative with.  The thing that I love most is that when you sand the paper, another color appears.  It is just a fun, creative inducing product that I am now officially stocked up on!  Here are three projects that I designed recently using the product.
Project #1: Many Thanks Card
I love the simplicity of this card.  The ColorCore Cardstock was just sanded down with a little sandpaper which brought out the dots.  I followed that up with the polka-dot ribbon, scalloped-dotted border and a round brad in the center of the flower to complete the "circle" inspiration.  This flower was SO easy to make and so much fun to see come together.  My new hot glue gun make it very easy to assemble as well. 

Project #2: First Day
This may just be one of my favorite layouts ever!  Combining ColorCore Cardstock along the We R Memory Keepers Show & Tell collection was such a perfect mix.  I love how the cursive writing gives it that school-y feel!  I hand stitched the black above the journaling to give it a homey feel along with the hint of a spiral notebook.  Another thing that I discovered about this cardstock is that it is really easy to score to make the little accordion embellishment on the bottom right.  Here is close-up of the embellished bottom right:


Project #3: Whoo loves u?
I loved using the woodgrain cardstock for this layout.  It worked perfectly with my sweet little owl from My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup collection.  For the branch, I cut it out on my Silhouette and there were actually three versions of it!  This one was my favorite.  I actually used pens to give it a deeper color and then I used a darker color pen to trace into the woodgrain grooves that were there.  I like the deep, rich, textured feeling of this one!  

So, there you have it!  My fun with Core'dinations!  Hope you enjoyed seeing my projects.  Please leave a comment if you have time to provide me with some feedback!  I love reading your comments!  If you have any questions, I can answer those too!  Thanks for stopping by.

Scrap Happy~ Melissa



1 comment:

  1. Adorable, ilove that kindergarten layou, and using the paper lines for journalling. Fabulous, good luck

    ReplyDelete