Monday, April 25, 2011

Panda Love

     Have you ever had pictures just sitting and waiting to be scrapped?  I know I have!  With this layout I was finally able to scrap these pictures of my son.  For almost a year now, he has been extremely interested in anything that has to do with China.  The language, the culture, the wildlife, the currency...he wants to know all that he can about it.
     For his birthday in October, we got him a Panda Zoobie Pet.  (If you are not familiar with Zoobie's, check them out, they are so fun!)  From the moment he opened his gift, he loved his panda.  He named it Ming-Ming and has slept with it ever since.  I wanted to capture the panda love and he happily posed with his little friend!
     When it came time to scrap the pictures, there was never a layout that seemed to work for me.  Until today!  Erin Madsen is having a fun giveaway/sketch challenge on her blog and I thought I'd play along!  This is the sketch that she used from Sketch Savvy...

And here is my take on the sketch...
     The DCWV Stacks that I used were The Glitter Stack and Dots, Stripes and Plaids.  I actually used some argyle printed glitter paper from The Glitter Stack and cut it to make the little banner type triangles under the title piece.  I do love my stacks!  Here are some close-ups as well.

Thanks for stopping by to look today!  I hope that if you celebrate Easter, that it was a wonderful one for you!  Please stop by again.

Scrap Happy~Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment