Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hello?...Spring?

     As I sit and watch the snow pile up outside my window, I sigh knowing that winter is still here.  However, knowing that spring is just around the corner does bring some solace.  I will admit however, that I was not feeling quite that optimistic when the snow plows dumped all of my garbage/recycling over and I was out there picking it out of the snow this a.m.!  I did manage to get the kids to school (barely) and get back home in one piece.  Hopefully the roads are more clear by pick-up time and the end of my driveway gets magically cleaned up!  Here is a picture from my backyard.  Yes, it is beautiful but I am really ready to see some color...and soon!
     That brings me to my layout.  I love this layout for a few reasons.  First, it is the layout that I sent to Big Scrap Deal to try for a design team spot.  And, since I got a spot, it will always hold a special place in my heart!  The main reason I love this layout is because of the reaction from my dear husband when I showed it to him.  If I am not mistaken, I believe his reactions was, "Wow!  That is amazing.  I think that this is my favorite page that you've ever done."  Now, he is always supportive of my hobby but his reaction is one that I think many scrappers look for when they show someone their layouts!  What a great guy!  
     We were asked to use only three colors and make a handmade embellishment for this layout.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  
     Hopefully sping won't be too far away.  March 21st is the official date, right?  One can only hope...

Scrap Happy~ melissa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! And I'm so sorry it's still so cold there! Come to California!

    Thank you so much for the nice comment about my cauldron card on the Imaginisce blog! It tickled me pink! :)

    ReplyDelete