Friday, January 31, 2014

16?!?

My oldest child just turned 16! Sixteen! 16! XVI! Part of me thinks, of course he's 16! The other part of my thinks that he should still be asking for a sippy cup and snuggling his stuffed whale at bedtime! I've heard it said, "The days go slow, but the years go fast." That is true (mostly...some days fly before I even get through #2 on my to-do list) but it is still a bit of a surprise that we've hit this milestone.


I saw the sketch that I used over at Creative Scrappers and I knew that I wanted to use this WRMK birthday collection: Hip Hip Hooray! to create the layout. I love the bright colors and the festiveness of the papers.


I stayed pretty true to the sketch but I did throw in a few extra pieces of confetti. Additionally, I did NOT use sequins on this layout (a first in a long time) for me! :)


With a great sketch and a great collection, it was really fun creating this layout! It just seems so celebratory to me. And, I'll tell you, this kid is worth celebrating! Thus far, the teenage years pretty much rock!

Thanks for stopping by to look today! Hope you come back again!

Scrap Happy~
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. I recognize this sketch! ;) This layout is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page! Can't believe he's 16. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute page (and very handsome birthday boy)! Happy Birthday to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO.....love the stitching!!!! Looks like he had a fun birthday!! My baby will be 18 this summer.....aaaagghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete