Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ribbon Carousel Challenge #89: Love, Birthdays & Chicken Soup

Greetings! I am happy to be sharing today, my project that I made for the Ribbon Carousel's 89th challenge! With three great themes to choose from, I went with love, but in a little bit not quite in the traditional sense. 


I used the AC/Pebbles collection "From Me to You" for the layout. I don't know if I've ever created a faster layout than this one! These scraps have been sitting on my desk since September when I went to the Scrapbook Steals Retreat. We used them to make a bunch of really cute cards and I wanted to use up the rest!


While the layout itself came together easily, my embellishing took forever! :) I love the clear sequins on this layout though! It gives it a touch of added sparkle! 


I also added a few other embellishments like the wooden feathers and birds as well as a banner type cluster in the lower left...


...and upper right corners. 

My title was the easiest of all! While most people hear a "love" theme and think their spouse or their kids, it was so easy for me to create a page about my mom! I love spending time with her and I am so proud of her for the incredible person that she is. I am a lucky girl! 

Thank you for stopping by to look today! Don't forget that the theme for the RCC January challenge is...Love, Birthdays & Chicken Soup! So, be sure to link up your creation >>here<< and show off your creativity! You can also take a look at all of the other inspiration by checking out the blog today! Prepare to be impressed! :)

Scrap Happy~
Melissa


3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page and love that you chose to honor your mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is SO much to love about this layout Melissa........just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course your Mom! Such a great idea. You guys are the cutest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete