Saturday, April 7, 2012

Two More...

Good morning! As I write, it is the day before Easter. I like the fact that there is the anticipation of something exciting happening tomorrow...a resurrection! Just the thought of it makes me happy. Two days after Easter happens to be my husband's birthday. We are exactly two weeks (and one year) apart! I decided to go through some photos that I've had waiting to be scrapped and found last years birthday pics. A perfect topic to scrap as the next birthday approaches! The sketch that I used this week is the scrapbooksteals.com Mid-Week Mojo sketch that featured my friend Kyla as the guest sketcher. She did an awesome job thinking of a couple of fun sketches! Here is my interpretation of the sketch.  

And the sketch itself.
And here are a couple of close-ups.


Last week, I didn't have time to complete the Mid-Week Mojo on time but I still wanted to post it here. Let's just say that a new birthday gift from my husband kept me away from my scraproom for a while. The new ipad is so fun and addicting! Kristy's sketch was wonderful as usual but for some reason, chevrons just weren't working for me with these photos. So, I used doily shapes instead to create the same effect.  
This layout is special to me since it features photos of some of our best friends, Lee and Allan, dear people who have been there through thick and thin. Aren't friends like that just a joy? I am lucky to have some amazing local friends as well as cyber friends spread throughout the US and Canada! I am blessed and really want to try to document these friendships through scrapbooking. 

Here is the journaling as well as some close-ups. 



I'm so glad that you were able to stop by today. Have a blessed Easter and/or Happy Spring!

Scrap Happy~Melissa
P.S. I just wanted to say thank you to so many of you who wrote such positive, kind, and thoughtful comments on my last post about my birthday month. I read all of the comments and it just made me smile. You were the icing on my birthday month cake : )





No comments:

Post a Comment